3.01.2011

10 on Tuesday, Volume 2

Two weeks in a row. Look at me go. I really hate the snow. Its Dr. Seuss's birthday week you know...

Questions for Tuesday, March 1, 2011


1. What type of cell phone do you have and how would you rate it?
DroidX and I love it. Since Internet and email capabilities allow us to work from anywhere (more or less), this phone has made a pretty big difference. Is it perfect? Probably not. Do I use it to its full capability? Not even close. But, it lets me stay connected, capture candid pictures and videos of my kids and download enough aps to keep everyone happy when we travel. Or while I wash the dishes once a week (Pandora much?)


2. What has been your most serious injury?
I had surgery to repair acid reflux when I was 18, so that was kind of a big deal, but it wasn’t really an injury. I’ve only been treated in an ER once that I remember. We were at a 4-H calf show (yep) in DeSmet SD, and my steer tried to walk on the wrong side of a stationary post. Being 13 or 14 years old at the time, I should have known better, but instead of letting go, I held onto the rope halter and it pulled through my hand and rope burned my hand pretty bad. We’re talking instant blisters in places where the skin didn’t just peel off. So we went to the ER, where they treated it with burn cream, bandaged me up, gave me an ice bag and sent me back to the calf show. I felt like a big doofus.


3. What is one movie you hate and why?
Hmmmm. The worst movie I saw in the theater was probably Punch Drunk Love followed closely by Meet Joe Black. However, Meet Joe Black has offered so many hilarious memories with my BFF, that I can’t possibly hate it. I used to really be into movies, but not as much anymore.

4. How many email addresses do you have?
Only one that I check everyday. I do still have a hotmail account (I think?) that my grandma and grandpa use (hey Wabas!) but I only check that occasionally.


5. What website do you waste the most time on?
Lately its been Etsy. I swear you could look at stuff on that site for days on end. It inspires me and at the same time makes me feel like a slacker – who wants to teach me to be crafty?


6. Which Mexican restaurant makes the best salsa?
I love my Grandma Teresa’s salsa, but she's German so it probably doesn't count. I used to love Guadalajara’s in Brookings SD when it was readily available, but its kind of a long commute for condiments.


7. What is your dream car?
I’m indifferent. I’ll let me hubs pick me out something cool.


8. If you could spend up to $100 with no strings or restrictions or guilt, what would you buy?
Music, chocolate, shoes, or art for the walls at home. I’m terribly exciting.


9. What is your favorite board game?
I’m a Trivial Pursuit kinda girl. But I usually get owned.


10. How often do you change your hairstyle?
I try once or twice a year, but then I either cut it or grow it out so it ends up back at my safety zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment