3.15.2011

10 on Tuesday, Volume 4

Questions for Tuesday, March 15, 2011!



1. What is your cleaning style like?
The short answer: I’m not nearly as clean as I’d like.
I like to make the excuse that our tiny house with tiny closets make clutter an easy problem to have. But I try to remind myself that if I had more space, I’d just fill it up and it too would be cluttered and messy. So usually my cleaning style consists of moving enough crap around every night that I won’t trip in the dark, waiting until the house is a total sham and then pick it up. We’re taking steps in the right direction to fix the storage situation at home and a moldy storage room forced me to unwillingly purge half of our belongings last year too. So that’s fun. (Who’s idea was this questions anyway…sheesh, way to make a girl feel like a total bum)


2. What is your favorite thing to add to an outfit to take it from casual to classy?
A cardigan? Maybe a necklace? Perhaps scrape the boogers and crusty cracker crumbs off my shirt?


3. Do you like stormy weather?
It sure keeps life interesting. I don’t mind watching storms from my house, but I hate the thought of being stranded away from its safety net. The sky intrigues me. My Grandpa Waba is a storm chaser, it runs in my blood.


4. What is your favorite cold treat on a hot day?
Fresh lemonade. Super cold.


5. What is your favorite warm treat on a cold day?
Right now its definitely Russian Tea.


6. Who is your favorite animated character?
These questions are not easy, my friends. I really like the kid from Meet the Robinsons – Cornelius, before he was a Robinson. My least favorite? Caillou.


7. What do you keep your jewelry in?
A Lane mini cedar chest that my Grandma and Grandpa gave me when I graduated. I smile every time I see it.


8. Do any of the rooms in your house have a theme?
Not really. The boys’ bedroom will have a cowboy theme someday, but as long as Max sleeps in the crib, there isn’t a lot of room for décor.


9. Do you watch any interior design TV shows – if so, what is your favorite?
Nope. But I probably should. I’m certain they have themed rooms and ideas for cutting down on clutter, presented by really awesome animated classy characters.


10. When was the last time you did something risk-taking?
Yikes. I’m pretty safe. Though I did drive home from Aberdeen after the DI tournament on Saturday and the roads were pretty crappy in the morning. So even letting me behind the wheel was risky for our family. I knew the roads had improved or I would have never tried it that afternoon. I’m kind of a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment